Dr. Wesley Geminn, PharmD, BCPP
Dr. Wes Geminn, PharmD, BCPP, is the Chief Pharmacist and State Opioid Treatment Authority for the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Division of Clinical Leadership. Dr. Geminn graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy and completed a post-graduate residency in managed care and psychiatry with the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. He is currently board-certified in psychiatry by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties.
- Evaluate the trends of drug-related overdoses.
- Understand the biopsychosocial mechanisms associated with addiction.
- Be aware of the key findings from the National Academy’s review of medications for opioid use disorder.
- Compare and contrast the mechanisms of the different medications approved for opioid use disorder.
- Understand the regulatory requirements for each of the medications approved for opioid use disorder.